This morning I woke up thinking about the benefits of high gas prices. I know it’s weird, but consider the streamlining effects of these conservation methods:
1. Only make one trip to the grocery store a week. Every trip costs you extra. Also, less trips = less gas.
2. “55 stay alive” was also about gas conservation. Slower = Calmer.
3. Exercise. Walking is a good option for appointments within a mile of home or work. Breathe, Calm, Relax.
4. Bicycling. I have a friend who often bicycles from home to work – several miles. She is a hero to me! Someday I will accomplish such a task. You can view her blog here.
5. Planned days, planned trips. This is huge. No running around back and forth. Focus – Calm – Planning.
I did a search on the word ‘consider’ on biblegateway.com today. The bible tells us to consider our path – we need to focus on God and His commands – and to consider the lilies of the field – to NOT fret and worry about where our provision is coming from.
Wow! Focus, Calm, Planning, Slower, Breathe, Relax, Consider, and leaning on God for provision. What a joy it is to have God be in control!
What can you add?